Table of Contents
- 1 Safe transportation a high priority for nearly 1,800 students
- 2 Sent!
- 3 Posted!
- 3.0.1 More Stories
- 3.0.2 Police identify man who was shot to death Thursday
- 3.0.3 Daily COVID-19 cases reach record high again in South Dakota
- 3.0.4 Two men die in head-on crash west of Sioux Falls
- 3.0.5 South Dakota once again has worst COVID-19 surge in country
- 3.0.6 Police: Man dies after being shot Thursday morning
- 3.0.7 S.D. can’t keep up with contact tracing in schools, and parents are ‘pissed’
Even though Covid-19 has reduced the number of children on district transportation, the Brandon Valley School District provides safe transportation to nearly 1,800 students. Safe and effective transportation requires student cooperation and appropriate behavior.
Approximately 26 million students across the country start and end their school day on a school bus. The great news for our riders and riders across the U.S. is that research demonstrates school bus transportation is the safest mode of transportation for school age children. To continually support safe transportation, it is very important that students conduct themselves in an appropriate manner while in transit. We ask that all parents and guardians review a few simple bus riding safety tips with their children.
Getting on the Bus:
- Arrive five minutes early to the bus stop
- Wait until the bus has completely stopped before boarding
- Use the handrail and quickly take your seat
Behavior on the Bus:
- Sit-down and remain seated at all times
- Follow directions from the driver
- Allow the bus to stop completely before getting up
Getting off the Bus:
- Use the handrail when exiting
- If necessary, Cross 10 feet in front of the bus
- Always look both ways before crossing a road
Encouraging and reinforcing appropriate bus riding behavior helps support the Brandon Valley School District Transportation Department’s efforts to safely transport our Lynx to and from school.
Together, we can promote safe bus transportation for our children.
Read or Share this story: https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/brandon/2020/10/09/safe-transportation-high-priority-nearly-1-800-students/5946676002/