Table of Contents
- 1 Suspected drunken driver arrested after backing into police vehicle in Springfield Twp.
- 2 Sent!
- 3 Posted!
- 3.0.1 More Stories
- 3.0.2 Ruby Ridge echoes in deadly Madison Heights FBI shootout
- 3.0.3 Van Buren police: Help us find man who defecated in box, left it on store shelf
- 3.0.4 Trump: Court ruling on Whitmer’s emergency powers a ‘BIG win’
- 3.0.5 U.P. moves to forefront in COVID-19 fight
- 3.0.6 Fly on Pence’s head generates buzz in VP debate
- 3.0.7 5 arrested after Macomb Co. parking lot brawl with machetes, bats
A suspected drunken driver was arrested Thursday morning in Springfield Township after backing his car into the front of a Michigan State Police vehicle, officials said.
The incident happened at about 7 a.m. on Dixie Highway near Interstate 75, they said.
A state police trooper was called to the area after a report of a crash between two vehicles. He parked his vehicle behind the two vehicles involved in the crash.
The driver of a 2003 White Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck backed into the trooper’s vehicle, damaging the front bumper, police said.
The trooper spoke with the driver, a 45-year-old Lennon man, and believed he was under the influence of alcohol. The trooper then arrested the driver. Authorities later determined the man was driving with a suspended license. He also has three previous drunken driving violations and had his driver’s license suspended twice.
Read or Share this story: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2020/10/08/suspected-drunken-driver-arrested-backing-into-state-police-vehicle-springfield-township/5922358002/